When it comes to managing personal and small business finances, Intuit has become a household name thanks to widely used solutions like TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint. Intuit has dominated the space of financial software for years.
However, Intuit is far from the only company providing robust digital tools for managing accounting, taxes, payroll, payments, and more. A variety of competitors have emerged looking to meet the diverse financial needs of consumers and businesses.
These sites offer their own unique capabilities and features while striving to make financial tasks easier, automated and insightful just like Intuit aims to do. Though Intuit remains a leader, alternatives continue to gain traction and provide additional options to users.
Let’s explore some of the top financial software platforms and solutions beyond Intuit that individuals and businesses can leverage today to take control of their money.
Xero offers an acclaimed cloud-based accounting and bookkeeping platform for small businesses. It focuses on usability, integration and real-time reporting.
Key features include:
– Bank reconciliation and intelligent bookkeeping
– Over 700 app integrations
– Invoice creation, tracking and online payment
– AI-powered expenses and receipt capture
– Real-time financial insights and forecasts
Born in New Zealand, Xero now serves over 3 million subscribers worldwide. It connects to banks and apps.
FreshBooks provides intuitive, flexible accounting software designed for service-based small business owners and freelancers. It aims to simplify money management.
Main capabilities consist of:
– Online client invoicing with numerous templates
– Easy expense and time tracking
– Financial reporting and dashboard
– One-click taxes
– Integrated credit card payments
With over 20,000 customers, FreshBooks is popular for its simplicity and customization catering to service SMBs.
Wave offers free accounting, invoicing, and receipt tracking software for small businesses, along with affordable bookkeeping services paired with software.
Its tools include:
– Invoicing with online payment acceptance
– Payroll management and direct deposit
– Receipt scanning and categorization
– Bank and credit card connections
– Financial reporting and charts
Wave appeals to very small, cost-conscious businesses yet still provides robust features.
Though not exclusively financial software, Credit Karma provides a popular platform for accessing free credit scores, reports and monitoring. It also offers tools for taxes, savings accounts, credit improvement and more.
Key features consist of:
– Free unlimited access to credit scores
– Credit report monitoring and identity theft protection
– Guides and tools to improve credit health
– Free tax filing for federal and state
– High yield savings accounts
Credit Karma has over 130 million members leveraging free credit scores along with other financial resources.
Turbo provides DIY tax preparation software allowing users to file federal and state returns online conveniently and affordably. It offers guidance for maximizing deductions.
– Easy Q&A tax filing process
– Searchable database of tax deductions
– Audit risk assessment
– Cryptographically secure data transmission
– Live full-service tax support options
Turbo focuses specifically on making tax prep efficient, smart and error-free. It offers free filings and live expertise.
Outright was a startup acquired by GoDaddy that provides a dashboard for small business bookkeeping, accounting, forecasting, and reporting needs all in one place.
– Easy tracking of income, expenses, profit
– Integration with business bank accounts
– Invoicing capabilities
– Financial health monitoring
– Cash flow forecasts and funding insights
Outright aims to be an all-in-one financial hub for lean SMBs.
Long owned by Intuit, Quicken provides personal finance software for monitoring budgets, investments, retirement, and more. It focuses on money optimization.
Main features include:
– Budget creation and tracking
– Investment portfolio dashboard
– Retirement planner
– Spending analytics
– Bill reminders and payment
Quicken data can integrate with QuickBooks. It is trusted by over 15 million users for personal finance.
Dave positions itself as an intelligent financial sidekick, helping consumers improve their financial health through advances, spending forecasts, budgeting, finding discounts and more.
– Paycheck advances to avoid overdrafts
– Spending and bill forecasts
– Expense tracking and lowering
– Budget builder and monitoring
– Discounts on common purchases
The app aims to build financial confidence and literacy with friendly assistance.
While Intuit has built considerable market dominance with solutions like QuickBooks and TurboTax, its prominence has not halted innovation across the financial software sector.
Platforms like Xero, FreshBooks, Wave, Credit Karma, Turbo, Outright, Quicken, and Dave exemplify the diversity of robust tools now competing with Intuit in serving many niches for personal and business money management.
A combination of choice and advancing capabilities bodes well for consumers and businesses seeking digital platforms to gain insights and control over their finances. The options will only continue expanding.